Should you choose to involve your insurance company following an accident or damage to your car, the following information may help.
- Contact your insurer to report the incident. They will supply you with a claim number – keep hold of this for any future correspondence.
- Your insurers may well direct you to their list of approved repairers. Please be aware you are under no obligation to follow this advice – it is your right, by law, to choose the repairer that is best suited to your vehicle and yourself.
- If your vehicle is still legally drivable you need to obtain a free estimate from JPW Body Repairs. To arrange this please either contact us or drop in (Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-12.30pm).
- If your car is unroadworthy or immobile please call us and we may be able to visit you to provide the free estimate, or we can arrange for your car to be recovered using a partner recovery agent. Any cost incurred here will be reimbursed through your insurance claim.
- In order to keep you on the road, we can arrange a courtesy car from the garage (if available) or a hire car. The details of this will depend on your needs and your insurance agreement.
- We are happy to liaise with any other party on your behalf as we have years of experience in dealing with insurance companies.
- On completion of the repair, your vehicle will be collected/delivered (according to your circumstances) and you will be asked to inspect the repair and sign to say you are satisfied and that you now have the vehicle back.